March 6, 2009

A taste of spring!

I've been looking forward to today for about 10 days. That is, since I saw the forecast for on the 10-day planner, 10 days ago. Today's forecast only got better the closer it got. Originally it was supposed to be 47 and partly sunny. I know, I know, its not 79 and sunny, but compared to 15 and snowy, it sounds pretty good!
Its been so long since I've been able to play outside with the boys (with boots, mittens, hats, scarves.)
So after lunch, Aaron went down for his nap and Zack and I headed to the front yard. (which, btw is really a courtyard area) After about 10 minutes we took out jackets off because we were getting warm. Zack and I were preparing the front garden. He helped me plant seeds and move rocks and shovel some dirt. Zack then taught me how to make a hat using only a stick, rock and a leaf!
When Aaron woke up from his nap, we came inside to him. Zack decided he wanted to watch some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So I turned it on for him, but Aaron and I went back out to the front yard. After about 3 minutes, Zack was calling me asking to come outside too! (I had the front door open, but the baby gate was locked to keep the dog inside.)
Now that we were all together we headed over to the playground. I think these two have gone through playground withdrawal. I haven't seen these two so happy in a long time. Aaron was feeling brave too! He's gone down the slide by himself before, but he always goes down feet first, on his tummy, sort of a superman-flying-backwards position. Today, he pushed Zack out of the way so he could go down in a sitting position. I had visions of him lying back and banging his head, but he just sort of slithered to his side and squealed with joy the entire time (every time!)
I was going to take my camera outside, but decided not. :(
I can't wait for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment