March 18, 2009

Bowling


About 2 months ago, Dave and I actually went out by ourselves. It Dave's birthday, so we went out to dinner and then bowling. After dinner Dave wanted to go back to the house, get Zack (leave Aaron with the babysitter) and take Zack bowling with us. I told Dave it was getting a little too late for Zack to be out and it wasnt fair to Aaron. So we agreed to take Zack (and Aaron) bowling some Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Well, we finally went this past Sunday.

Zack had alot of fun! It was a rather slow game of bowling. Dave was helping Zack at first, but after awhile he didn't want any help. It was so cute watching him carry the 6 lb bowling ball. He couldnt walk in a straight line. After about 14 frames, Zack became more interested in the billard tables and video games. He was also searching for "h-air hockey."

Aaron was in awe of all the balls at the bowling alley. He immediately ran over and tried to pick up a ball off the rack. He did it too! He just happen to pick a 6lb ball, but then dropped it right away. It didnt land on him but it scared him and started crying. Aaron seemed a little scared of all the noises, pins crashing, people cheering but when people would throw their balls reall hard or loud he clung a little tighter to me. After he had a snack, he built up more courage and wanted to join in.

I (or Dave) would take him to the line and let him push the ball (I'd give it an extra nudge) and he would smile and throw his arms around me. The one time I didnt give his ball an extra push was the longest 2 minutes ever! I thought the ball was going to stop on the lane. When it reached the pins it did stop and started rolling backwards! This must have triggered something because the thing for the pins came down to push the ball all the way to the end.

2 comments:

  1. I'm taking Mathew soon. Something I've been meaning to do just waiting for bad weather. I guess that's not a problem with you guys up in PA...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! I can't wait to do this with Ava now, thanks for the idea. :) LOL at "hair hockey" hahaha! And it doesn't surprise me that Aaron was able to pick one of those balls up-he's already built!

    ReplyDelete