April 29, 2009

Best Buds

Some days Aaron and Zack are constantly at each other's throats, yesterday was the exact opposite. They were so good and so cute together. It made me sad that I was the only one there to appreciate what good brothers they are to each other.
We started of our day by going to the dentist. Zack had to have a cavity filled. :(
Since Zack is 3, they don't allow the parent to come back with them. Not a problem, since I had Aaron and there were toyes and a playhouse in the waiting area. But when the hygentist took Zack to the back, Aaron got really sad. He didn't start crying, but he just had his sad puppy-dog face on and was staring at the door saying, in a low quiet voice, "zaaaaack, zaaaaaaaack!"

After the dentist, Zack was hungry, since he wasn't allowed to eat breakfast. We needed a few items at the grocery store, so I figured I could pick up a snack for Zack there. He wanted everything saw!! Zack is usually a big helper when it comes to check out time. He lifts what he can onto the conveyor belt and often tries to scan the items himself. (I usually let him do this when we do the self check-out.) Today, Aaron joined in by putting the contents of my purse on the conveyor belt...until he found what he wanted, my debit card.

I completely forgot that I had said I would go to a park playdate this morning at 10 am. We didnt even leave the dentist until 10:30. It was 11:30 when I remembered. We drove over to the park, just in time to see the last of the other moms leaving. I stopped to let the boys play anyway. They usually play more when we have the park to ourselves anyway. Aaron was Zack's little shadow. Whatever Zack did, Aaron had to do too...and Zack was so nice about taking turns. There's a big slide there that Zack kept going down. The stairs are kind of steep, so it made me nervous when Aaron would climb the stairs behind Zack. At first, Aaron was too scared to go down the big slide by himself. I went down with him several times before he braved it by himself. Once he did though, up and down the both of them went. I stayed at the bottom of the slide and Zack climbed the stairs behind Aaron, helping him up. Once the two of them were at the top, Zack jumped in front of him to go down the slide first though. Zack wanted me to catch him like I did Aaron. Zack created alot of static electricity when he came down though. Everytime we touched, we shocked each other. This was Zack's first noticable/identifiable experience with static electricity...he thought it was funny everytime.
Next, it was time for the swings. Zack still always wants to go on the baby swings. He called Aaron over to the swings and told Aaron "to get in the one on the left and he's gonna take the one of the right."
Somehow at the park, Aaron managed to take of his diaper...under his pants. I noticed his diaper was hanging pretty low, so I went over to check him out and it was completely detached and sliding down his left pant leg! Of course, before I could go back to the car to get a diaper, he pee'd!

No comments:

Post a Comment