October 1, 2009

Bee Sting

So as I type this Aaron is sleeping off the pain of a yellow jacket sting to his nose. I feel responsible for this sting because I did something to sort of provoke the bee. I was digging a hole to plant something, when I discovered a nest in the ground near the foundation. There were few bees coming and going so I was trying to just ignore them. Aaron came over and sat in the hole I was digging (shoe-less...errr!)
I think the bees were trying to determine if Aaron was a threat as they kept buzzing around him. Aaron got out of the whole and went back to filling his shoes with rocks. So I continued digging. Now a bee came really close to me. I couldn't see it, but could hear the buzzing right near my ear. Its really hard trying not to let your kids see you freak out over a bee buzzing near your ear!! Anyway, I went back to digging. When I had a shovel full of dirt, I threw it over the hole where bees were coming in and out. As I was doing this, Aaron went and sat back in the hole. Well, I guess the dirt pissed off one of the bees. It flew straight to Aaron and landed on his nose. Aaron immediately took his hands to his nose and began rubbing it. It probably took a good 4-5 seconds before the bee stung him and flew away. I felt SOOOOOOO bad. I still do.
I scooped up Aaron and we came inside. My first thought was "I hope he's not allergic to bee stings!!" So we sat on the stairs for about 30 seconds and I just watch him for swelling or hives. Thankfully nothing came. Since he was covered in dirt, I took him up to his room to change him.
After he had a clean diaper and clothes on we just cuddled until the crying stopped. As we were cuddling I was googling these stupid bees. Aaron eventually feel asleep on my shoulder. After about 15 minutes, I laid him down in his crib. His little nose is a little swollen around the sting site, but other than that he seems to be ok.
Then I came back down stairs to see a mole run across my kitchen floor!!!! Damn it I thought that thing was gone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment